Kayla Marie Adsit Memorial Scholarship
CLA Dean's OfficeDonate
Established in 2007, this scholarship is made possible by contributions from family and friends of Kayla Marie Adsit.
Kayla Marie Adsit was known for her caring and friendly spirit, outgoing personality and beautiful smile. She was a loving daughter, sister and friend. A hard-working student, she wanted to attend CSU to become a family counselor. Kayla put her all into everything she did-she was a hard-working Panera Bread employee, a talented musician and the president of Rocky Mountain High School's Key Club. She organized multiple charitable fundraising and service events.
Kayla died in a tragic car accident just three weeks before her high school graduation, but we'd like to think that her ideals and interests are carried on in her absence, in part, through this memorial fund.
When Kayla filled out scholarship applications, she wrote about the ways she wanted to "live to make a difference." This application is an opportunity for a Colorado State University student to make a difference.
- Colorado resident
- Enrolled as undergraduate students in the College of Liberal Arts or in the College of Health and Human Sciences - If student is enrolled in the College of Health and Human Sciences they shall be pursuing studies in Human Development & Family Studies or Early Educations
- Maintain an overall 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrate involvement in community service activities
- Have an employment history
- Demonstrate interest in arts (music, drama, creative writing or visual art)
- Preference shall be given to high school seniors enrolling at CSU for his/her first semester. Preference shall also be given to students who have not been awarded any prior scholarships to attend CSU for the upcoming academic year.
The Colorado State University Scholarship application is available online from December 1 until March 1 of each academic year. To access the application:
- Log into RAMweb using your eID
- Look under Financial Information in the right hand column
- Select “CSUSA” and fill in the form