Gateway to Graduation
CLA Dean's OfficeDonate
Dan Tyler established this fund in order to meet the immediate, and what he considered desperate, financial need of the Colorado State student who demonstrates potential for academic, career, and life success. He wants to provide assistance for students to overcome the financial barrier that could jeopardize their reaching graduation. With financial assistance, he believes that students can reach their potential and become successful members of society and accomplished graduates.
Dan is an Emeritus Professor of History at Colorado State University. He grew up on a ranch in Carbondale, Colorado. He served in the Air Force and taught the history of the American West at CSU with an emphasis on water issues for more than 30 years.
His book, Silver Fox of the Rockies, carefully describes the origin of interstate river compacts and the critical role they played in dividing the waters of the West. He is also the author of The Last Water Hole in the West and Love In An Envelope: A Courtship in the American West. His next work focuses on W.D. Farr.
- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts with a class level of junior or senior
- Completed at least 15 credits at CSU
- Maintain an overall 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrates financial need
- Demonstrate potential for academic, career and life success
- Preference shall also be given to Colorado residents
The Colorado State University Scholarship application is available online from December 1 until March 1 of each academic year. To access the application:
- Log into RAMweb using your eID
- Look under Financial Information in the right hand column
- Select “CSUSA” and fill in the form