Position Announcement: Chair of the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance
Dance, LEAP, Music, Theatre, University Center for the Arts | October 28, 2014
Position: Chair, Department of Music, Theatre and Dance
College of Liberal Arts
Colorado State University
Colorado State University is searching for a Chair of the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance. We seek a visionary individual with the ability to manage a complex organization effectively and lead our performing arts to the next level of national and international recognition. This is a 12-month tenured position targeted to start July 1, 2015.
The Department of Music, Theatre and Dance is one of 13 departments in the College of Liberal Arts. It is housed in the University Center for the Arts, which features outstanding performance spaces as well as museums, enabling collaboration among the performing and visual arts.
- Provide visionary leadership for the performing arts at Colorado State University;
- Dynamically represent the department and its programs within the college and university as well as to alumni, the community, supporters of the performing arts, national organizations and accrediting bodies;
- Strengthen existing and developing partnerships with other units at the university and in the city as well as with performing arts organizations and donors/potential donors;
- Support a culture of collegiality, respect and ethical behavior within the department;
- Provide leadership and model the standards for tenure and promotion;
- Oversee budget, facilities, personnel, curriculum, and accreditation processes; and,
- Provide leadership for development and marketing activities that promote the performing arts.
Click here for the full position description (PDF).