CSU Students Win Numerous Awards at National Association of Teachers of Singing
Music, Opera, University Center for the Arts | April 19, 2013
The 51st Annual Colorado-Wyoming NATS Student Auditions were held on April 6, 2013 at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
According to the organization’s website, the National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging the highest standards of singing through excellence in teaching and the promotion of vocal education and research both for professional advancement of the talented and the enrichment of the general public. With over 5,600 members in the United States, Canada, and over 24 foreign countries, NATS is the largest association of teachers of singing in the world.
Each year, students of NATS member teachers participate in an adjudicated competition at the state level. Colorado State University students placed in nine of the college level categories at the Colo.-Wyo. audition. Please join us in congratulating the following CSU students and voice faculty on their numerous awards:
- Classical 7, 2nd Place: Justin Little, freshman, student of John Seesholtz and member of the CSU Freshman Voice Studio
- Classical 8, 1st Place: Marissa Rudd, freshman, student of John Seesholtz and member of the CSU Freshman Voice Studio
- Classical 9, 1st Place: Andrew Madden, student of John Seesholtz; 2nd Place: Noel Von Behren, student of John Seesholtz; 3rd Place: Ryan McPeek, student of John Seesholtz; Honorable Mention: Eric Botto, student of Todd Queen
- Classical 10, 1st Place: Hillary Thompson, student of John Seesholtz; 3rd Place: On Yoo Kim, student of Judith Christin and Susan Hochmiller
- Classical 13, 2nd Place: Arthur Beutel, student of Todd Queen
- Classical 18, 2nd Place: Karoline Barnett, student of John Seesholtz
- Musical Theatre 10, 3rd Place: Samantha DeBey, student of Susan Hochmiller and Gregory Brookes
- Musical Theatre 11, 1st Place: Colin Williamson, student of Susan Hochmiller
- Musical Theatre 14, 1st Place: Brittani Farrell, student of Susan Hochmiller
For more information about NATS and a complete list of winners, please visit the NATS website.